FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
• Co-ordinate, collate and produce the Commission’s short, medium and long term plans, programmes and schemes in line with guidelines and framework set or issued by the Ministry of Economic Planning of Delta State.
• Liaise with the State Planning Office, Ministry of Niger Delta and Niger Delta Development Commission on regular basis to ensure that projects/programmes earmarked for implementation in Oil Producing areas of the State including those of DESOPADEC are not duplicated in annual budgets.
• Forwarding of the Commission’s annual draft plans to the State Planning office for vetting and inclusion of same in the State Annual Development Budget Planning/Analysis.
• Monitoring and evaluation of plan implementation and production of Status Report on Projects.
• Serve as Secretariat to the Commission’s Tenders Board(s).